For 2018 Husqvarna will take a page from KTM’s playbook by releasing an all new limited edition 450cc motocrosser mid-season. The 2018 Husqvarna FC 450 Rockstar Edition.
The 2018 Rockstar edition is very much updated motorcycle compared to Husqvarna’s standard 2018 model. The WB manufactured frame is new with updated rigidity, newly styled two-piece composite subframe that is .5 pounds lighter, 5mm longer slots in the swingarm for further tuning options, updated WP AER air fork and shock settings, new ProTaper bend bar, new lower profile cylinder head, (15mm lower cam), updated cam profile, new Pankel gear box, Magura Hydraulic clutch, all-new body work, slimmed down WP radiators, simplified map switch, map control and traction control, toolless airfilter access to highlight some of the major changes.
With a claimed 63 horsepower, performance is not an issue on the new Husky. The bodywork is slimmer and the feel of the new chassis is designed to allow the rider to glide around cockpit while looking like a Factory Racer. Below are the key features and changes on the 18 Husky Rockstar.
Although the frame flex has been changed, the geometry and pick up points have not been altered. Engine head stays were changed because of the new head. The cases have not been changed yet the team said the bike does have a new feel when testing their race bikes–still in the process with one month before the 2018 SX kickoff.
Husqvarna does share a slew of their technology with KTM, yet regardless, the legacy of the brand has history. Since BMW sold the brand, Husqvarna sales have grown by 300 percent, that is a huge jump. The race teams are also serious and the once-stagnant brand has started to win races both off-road and in motocross like it once did back in the 60s and 70s.
• Frame offering increased longitudinal rigidity
• Carbon fiber reinforced skid pate
• New 2-piece subframe design (0.5 lb lighter)
• Chain adjustment length increased by 5 mm
• Mechanical holeshot device offered as standard
• Stiffer upper triple clamp
• Triple clamp protector integrated into the front number plate
• WP DCC rear shock featuring new piston and updated setting
• 260 mm floating front disc with standard front disc protector
• ProTaper handlebar with new bend
• New flow-designed resonance chamber
• Shorter and more compact silencer
• New generation Li-Ion 2.0 Ah battery
• Updated cooling system featuring new center tube
• External fuel line moved inward for added protection
• More compact SOHC cylinder head (15 mm lower & 1 lb lighter)
• Gearbox produced by Pankl Racing Systems
• Billet Rekluse clutch cover
• Redesigned bodywork
Total production numbers and list price were not announced at the unveiling of the new bike and 2018 Rockstar Husqvarna rider roster. Expect the Rockstar Edition to hit dealers by the first of the year, get in line if you want one.